Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Worship Wednesday: Children's Questions

Worship Wednesday: Children's Questions
 
Do you have children?
 
If you aren't blessed with children (yet), let me fill you in on a little secret...they ask questions about anything and EVERYTHING. Literally everything.
 
"Why is the sky blue?" Because God made the sky blue. "But, WHY did He make the sky blue?" ...well, because, honey, He just did. "Why is grass green?" "Why are clouds white?" "Why do we pray?"  Because we want to thank God for his many blessings that he bestows on our family and to ask Him to be with those that need Him. "BUT, I thought God knows EVERYTHING, so why do we need to pray?"
 
 
This particular question caught me off guard because I had never considered this before. It is true, God does know every desire of our hearts, our minds, every problem that we are struggling with, the concerns we have for others...so why DO we need to pray? I gave the best answer that I could come up with, because our personal relationship with the heavenly Father is strengthened when we personally bring the cares of our hearts to Him.
 
The verse that kept coming to mind was Phillipians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God."
 
I guess I've always kept that verse in my mind because that's exactly the way that I was taught to pray -- by first thanking the Lord for his blessings, then sharing the cares and concerns of my heart.
 
Why do YOU need to pray?  Share in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by