Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Worship Wednesday: What (or who) are you thankful for?

Worship Wednesday: What (or who) are you thankful for?


 
1 Thessalonians 3:9 (NIV) "How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?"
 
 
Do you take time out of your day to thank God for the things and the people that He has helped to place in your life?  I was thinking about this as I was sitting and looking at my new curtains in my living room.
 
I know you're thinking, "What do curtains have to do with being thankful for people or things?"  Well, you see, these curtains were sewn specifically for my home by my mother. She didn't have to take the time to make them for my home, but she did. And, I'm thankful for them and for her.
 

 
She is absolutely my best friend and confidante and if I didn't speak to her at least once per day, I would be lost. It's not that she gives incredible advice or that she's particularly funny, but she calms me and helps bring me a sense of peace. Not to mention, she selflessly takes time out of her schedule to do little things for me, like making curtains. She also brings joy to my world by being a loving and caring grandmother to my two boys.  They call her "Bebe" and live to see her and spend time with her.
 
So, definitely take time TODAY to thank the good Lord for your loved ones and the many blessings that the Lord brings into your life.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by