Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Transformation Tuesday : Jeffrey H.

Meet Jeffrey H., he's a big inspiration to me and should be to you, too.

     Want to know how to balloon up to 385 pounds by age 35? Grow up gorging on all the junk food your mom hid (but not very well) and become the fattest kid in class who gets picked on every day of his life. Then move into adulthood and choose a job that keeps you on the road for 10 to 14 hours a day, eat TWO Mickey D’s Steak, Egg & Cheese bagel sandwiches and a LARGE soda, or a chocolate brownie Pop-Tart every morning for breakfast, then chase it with more fast food at lunch.

     Want to know I lost 130 lbs. in 18 months and changed my life forever? It all started when my dad shocked the heck out of me when he said he’s surprised that I made it to my 35th birthday because he always thought I’d die early due to my unhealthy lifestyle. And the clincher was when my size 48 shorts and my 5XL t-shirts were getting tight on me. If those two things aren’t inspiration to change, nothing is. So how’d I do it? With two rounds of P90X, one round of INSANITY, one round of INSANITY/P90X hybrid, two rounds of Asylum, and a whole lot of Shakeology. So why did I start with P90X? Because a friend of mine was doing the program and was getting great results—and I thought if he can do it, so can I. So I did it. It took a while. But I did it!!!

     Like everyone always says, the workouts were only part of the transformation process. Revamping my diet was the other. And boy was that hard. Thankfully I had Shakeology, which was great because it helped so much with getting the correct nutrition in my body every single day. Before Shakeology, I was diagnosed as a pre-diabetic, but after drinking Shakeology for 2 ½ years, I’m finally a “normal person” and am not on any medications.

     Since my journey began in August 2010, my life has changed in so many ways. Now I have so much energy it’s not even funny. I'm doing things I never imagined I’d ever do in my life, like running 5 and 10K’s, and doing The Warrior Dash. My shoulders are more defined, my legs are skinnier, I’m seeing muscles I didn’t even know I had, and I’m starting to see the excess skin on my belly shrink back into itself.

     When I first started my journey, I was popping 10 prescription pills a day. I was taking 3 blood pressure pills, 2 cholesterol pills, a painkiller, a bladder pill, a sleeping pill, an anti-depression pill, and a heart pill! Today, I’m proud to say that I’m on ZERO meds. ZEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOO!!!!!!!

     Right now I’m doing LES MILLS PUMP and am continuing to lose weight. So far I’ve lost 54 inches off my body and 26% body fat. The old me wore a size 50 pant, but today I wear a 34 and those are getting big on me! My starting weight was 385 lbs., today I weigh in at 225—that’s a 160-pound difference. I haven’t been this weight since middle school, and that was 20 years ago. Never in my life have I had so much energy; even as a kid I didn’t have this kind of energy. It’s absolutely amazing! Thank you Beachbody. Because of you, I get to celebrate many more birthdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by