Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beachbody Challenge Transformation: Diana D.

Meet Diana D., she used Insanity and Shakeology to change her life.  She also won not only $1000 in the monthly drawing for the Beachbody Challenge, but won the quarterly contest, as well - a $6000 prize + a trip for two to the Beachbody headquarters in Los Angeles!

Age: 29
Starting weight: 265 lbs.
After weight: 170 lbs.

Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? Okay where should I start. I married my husband in 2000 and shortly after got pregnant with my first child. Of course being comfortable in married life and pregnant I started to gain a lot of weight. My first pregnancy I gained over 60 lbs. I ended up having another child and never lost the weight from the first. I remember always being tired and I never wanted to do anything. I wouldn't want to leave the house cause I couldn't find anything to wear. I felt uncomfortable in my own body. I hated shopping for clothes for myself cause I could never find anything that was big enough to cover me up. I always wanted to hide my body because I was embarrased. Pretty soon the doctors told me that if I didn't change something in my life I was heading straight to being diabetic.

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? When the doctors told me that I was PRE-DIABETIC it honestly scared me. I was always tired and my lower back always was killing me during the day. I remember waking up one morning after have slept a good 9 hours and thinking WHY AM I STILL TIRED?, WHY DO I ALWAYS FEEL MISERABLE?. That is the day I changed my life. I said enough is enough. My kids were getting older and my life was literally passing me by. I thought to myself that I'm my kids role model and to be so unhealthly like this is not acceptable. That is the day I say I was brought back to life because 6 years I was dead not able to do things in life everyone should be able to do like run with my kids, play sports, ride a bike and just being active in general.
 
Why did you choose the particular program? I choose the INSANITY program cause I needed something similiar to boot camp. I needed something to push my body places that I've never thought possible. I had so much determination to get healthy I needed something to help me use this determination. INSANITY has me dig deeper not only physically but most importantly MENTALLY. Just when I think my body wants to quit on me I tell myself NO, I CAN DO THIS!!

What in particular did you like about the program you chose? Just when I think I can't do it anymore Shaun T says something that encourages me to work a little hard and a little stronger. I have to admit also that the results happened pretty quick. The more results I kept seeing the more I kept pushing play. I like the program cause not everyone can do it. I like the idea that when people heard that I was doing such a hard program I could see the doubt in their face. I'm stubborn so whenever someone says that I can't do something I ALWAYS HAVE TO PROVE THEM WRONG.
 
Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge? One of the biggest challenges I had to overcome was finding time to do my workout. I'm a mother of three and sometimes I tend to put my family first before I would do anything for myself. As a mother sometimes you forget to take time for youself because your so busy taking care of everyone else. In the begining I would wait til the end of the day to complete my workout but noticed that sometimes I would make up excuses like "i'm too tired" or "I had a busy day today I'll do it tomorrow." So I had to learn that by putting myself first and completeing my workout first thing in the morning was the best thing for me and the family. And I've learned that if I complete my workout for myself and use it as my "ME" time I'm a happier person.
 
Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? Since starting INSANITY and SHAKEOLOGY I have lost 95 pounds!! I'm no longer considered PRE-DIABETIC!! And I recently just finished my first season in a roller hockey team. I was able to score THREE goals and ONE assisted goal for my team!! Felt pretty darn good since I was the only female player on my team. Without the help of INSANITY AND SHAKEOLOGY there is absoluetly no way I could of been in shape enough to join a roller hockey team with men and place second in the hockey league.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by