Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Morning Recipe - Pecan Pie Muffins



This is my first Pinterest recipe that I have actually cooked!  Can you believe it?? I have tons pinned and regularly drool over the beautiful food photos that can be found there, but have never actually made one of said recipes...until now! And, man, did I pick a good one to give a try! These muffin/cupcakes were found on the Bake or Break website and are absolutely delicious!  Please note that these are a TREAT - not a regular occurrence recipe. I was looking for an alternative to actual pecan pie because I'm not a fan of the goop - but love the pecans off of the top!  This was just perfect! All of the taste of pecan pie without all of the mess!

Ingredients (yields 24 mini muffins):
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 24 cup mini muffin tin.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Fill each muffin cavity about 3/4 full.

Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges are browned and centers are set.

Enjoy!

Note: I doubled the recipe - except for the butter - and they came out great!  I watched them and they only needed to cook around 14 minutes in my oven. But, as you are well aware, all ovens cook differently - the above is a general rule. Keep an eye on yours to make sure that they don't burn! :)

Like Flabby Mom to FIT Mom on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by