Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My PiYO Meal Plan - Week 1

My PiYO Meal Plan - Week 1
    When I decided to tackle this program, I knew I would need to take a long, hard look at my diet. Let's be real, regardless of whether or not I started this program or another, my diet needed to be revamped and in check to get me back to where I was and beyond! Here is a sample plan and the exact plan that I am following for this week. I will be sharing my dinner recipes throughout the week so that you all can make them, as well!  


BREAKFAST

Obviously, I'm pretty boring for breakfast. I try to stick to the same routine because it simplifies my life. It also starts my day out with the healthiest meal of the day, Shakeology - setting me up for success the rest of the day because it helps curb my cravings and fills me up!  I add a half scoop of extra protein because I find that I don't normally get enough throughout the day to provide enough support for my body to maintain lean muscle. All of that and it's crazy easy to make!  Put ice in the blender, throw your Shakeology and protein in, pour in 1 cup of water and blend to your desired consistency!

LUNCH

I also tend to each the same thing for lunch every day (are you sensing a pattern here yet? icon smile My PiYo Meal Plan   Week 1 LOL) – a big salad with about 3/4 cup of chicken, and homemade dressing. To keep the salads as low-prep as possible, chop and mix the greens and divide into individual ZipLoc bags. Go ahead and cook/chop your protein – don’t keep it with the greens, though, give it it’s own small ziploc (sometimes they can get a little soggy after a couple of days, and no one likes a soggy salad!). Don’t put the dressing on until you are ready to eat the salad, that way everything stays as crisp and fresh as possible!

SUPPER
I like a little variety during supper time, mainly for my family. If I were a single gal, I would probably bulk cook like I do for lunch and eat the same thing every night. Ha!  But, since I'm not, I like to vary my supper time meal, so that noone else gets bored with routine. One thing is consistent though and that is the use of lean, white protein (aka chicken or turkey) and/or fish. Due to much reading by myself and my husband, we are trying to eliminate as much red meat as possible from our diet. It will be used only as a treat meal - such as a nice filet mignon. I include a complex carbohydrate at supper for my family, personally, I will be sticking to extra veggies and will only consume complex carbs and fruits before 3 pm.

SNACKS
I'm not a HUGE snacker, so I have to make sure that the snacks I have I enjoy. Hummus and fresh veggies, Shakeology cookies, and fresh fruit are at the top of my list and make the cut for the PiYO meal plan. I limit myself to two snacks per day as I'm in the lowest calorie bracket for the program. If I'm having fruit or Shakeology cookies as a snack it will usually be in between my breakfast and lunch and I try to stick to my veggies after lunchtime.

Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what has been keeping me full (and sane!) with my PiYo meal plan. Ready to get started on your first week of the PiYo diet and Shakeology? Want to go on this journey with me?? CLICK HERE to learn more and to get signed up! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by