Saturday, April 13, 2013

Working on my Fitness!

 A little over one year ago, I was at a very different point in my life than I am today. I was nearly a year post partum and very depressed about my body. I knew I had to do something but going to the gym everyday just wasn't practical for me and my family. I needed something I could either do with the kids or at home while they were napping. So,  I did what any resourceful person would do and I went online. I had heard a lot about Beachbody's P90X program and searched every imaginable site for reviews (good and bad) and for other women who had started in a similar position following childbirth. I came across my (now) coach, Seay. She had an awesome transformation and inspired me to purchase the program. I took my before photos at my all time highest weight of 205 pounds (on my 5'4" frame). I had never weighed this much for so long. My mom was the only person to see those pictures since I had her take them for me.


A week later, my program got to my doorstep and I started it that day. I could hardly get up off the floor at the end of the workouts and I was sweating profusely but I loved it! Every day I would put the kids down for a nap and go to the basement to do my workout. My husband was very supportive and watched the kids when I was home so I could workout. It became a routine and while I was enjoying it, I just wasn’t seeing the results that I wanted. I started to do more research into the Beachbody products and came across Shakeology and ChaLEAN Extreme. I decided that was a little more my pace, as I had loved lifting weights in high school and college, so why would now be any different. I also ordered Shakeology to drink as a meal replacement for breakfast since I knew that it was important, but rarely ate it. I contacted my coach about being in her upcoming challenge group and started in February 2012.


Unfortunately, I hit a point about 30 days in where I stopped losing weight. When I took my 30 day pictures I was sad that I didn't see more of a change. I was discouraged and frustrated with it. I was working out so hard and watching what I ate but I couldn't drop the pounds. I was introduced to the principle that your weight loss is 80% nutrition, 10% exercise and 10% genetics. A friend from our support group posted about the "Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. I bought the book and read it in 3 days. I followed her principles about pairing the right foods together and cutting out all processed foods and sugar. I immediately started losing weight and I felt even better! I am addicted to eating clean and when I don't eat clean my body feels sluggish and heavy. I have totally changed the way I shop for food and cook my meals. After 60 days I could tell a huge difference in my body. I even got up the courage to post my before and after pictures on facebook for accountability. After 90 days I had finished ChaLEAN Extreme and I chose to start hybrid of ChaLEAN and Brazil Butt Lift.
  I was halfway through my second 90 day challenge when I decided to sign up as a Team Beachbody coach.  I have achieved so many of my fitness goals and have gained my self confidence back and thought why not help others do the same?! I wasn’t the only one in my challenge group to sign as a coach following that first challenge group. I have a whole second family now of people who helped me up when I was down and shared the same struggles and the journey that led us to our fitness success!

I love helping other people and this is just another way I can share the knowledge I have gained about weight loss and nutrition with others. If you are interested in getting fit and healthy please email me at cgranberrytaylor@gmail.com and I can help you set up an exercise program and meal plan to meet your needs.

Team Beachbody also has a great thing called ‘The Beachbody Challenge’. They have a daily $500 giveaway – which I’m proud to say that I won in October 2012 for my transformation. All you have to do to participate in the challenge is create a free account at www.teambeachbody.com/cgtaylor85 and choose me as your coach. Enter your goals and your before picture and choose a workout program (P90X, Insanity, ect). Then log your workouts into Wowy Supergym weekly to earn prizes. If you would like additional information on workout programs that beachbody has to offer let me know and I'd be glad to help you customize your workouts to meet your specific needs. Beachbody has a long list of programs to target all areas of the body. They also have a great product called Shakeology. You can either use it as a meal replacement or a snack. So far I love it and I am going to use Shakeology to help me lose those last few pounds. Check out my site for additional information on Shakeology http://www.myshakeology.com/cgtaylor85 .

I look forward to this page becoming a community to help anyone go from ‘Flabby to Fit’! <3

1 comment:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. best keto diet weight loss

    ReplyDelete

© Flabby Mom to Fit Mom. Powered by